Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A year of updates!

Wow,  I have completely neglected this blog for over a year.  So much has happened since my last post.  Basically we were blessed with another pregnancy and I got really sick again,  which made it hard for me to function. I didn't have Hyperemesis this time (thank goodness) but I was still really sick, at least 5 times a day for the first 5 months (even on Zofran). At least,  it was not 10 times like with Logan.  Anyways, we found out we were having baby #2 early last March and were so excited!!!! We later found out it was a GIRL!!!!

November 14th, Mia Gray was born and our family was complete. Weighing 8 pounds 1.1 oz and 19.5 inches long.

Currently,  I have been trying to figure out life with 2 little ones. I had no idea how tough 2 babies would be!  Even though Logan is 2 and a half years old, he still needs my attention a lot and so does a newborn baby. It is funny because when you have just 1 baby,  you think it's hard but now I laugh at my old self and think how that was a cake walk, compared to life with a toddler and a newborn.

Mia is a very sweet baby but we had a few tough months adjusting. She had colic the first 3 months and we are still dealing with acid reflux.  So, it's been tough! Things are getting a little easier considering she will be 5 months next week and she is starting to sleep better now.  I don't want to jinx it but the past few nights she has slept through out the night. I miss sleep! I feel like I haven't really slept good for the past 6 months because the last month of pregnancy was uncomfortable and the newborn stage kicked my butt. I am nursing, so I am the only one who can feed her during the night shift and I felt like the first few weeks was non stop.  I am very proud that I have stuck with it this time.  Even through a lot of obstacles that we have gone through.  We are approaching 5 months on Tuesday and I never thought I would have made it this long. My motto with breastfeeding is, 1 day at a time. 
Mia's personality has come out a lot this past month.  She is always smiling, laughing and talking. Oh and she is obsessed with Logan.  It is the cutest thing! Logan is also starting to play with her and wanting to hold her. It melts my heart that he wants to be close to her. I was nervous because we had a rocky start with a bit of jealousy in the beginning but it has gotten way better and he is actually my big helper. :)

We will actually be starting solids next week and I am excited because I think Mia is ready.  She has been reaching for my plate lately at dinner time. We are going to start with Organic baby oatmeal next Tuesday and see how she does. If she does well,  then we will move on to a veggie.  Logan showed signs of wanting solids a bit earlier but I am now seeing that she is interested.  She has also been sitting up unsupported for a few seconds.  I will try and post pictures of her first time trying food.

Here are some pictures from the past year.

39 week bump

No comments:

Post a Comment