Monday, February 4, 2013

Half a Year Old!

Time sure goes by fast when you're having tons of fun! My newborn baby is now 6 months old.....a half a year! I'm in shock how fast these past 6 months have gone and have been trying to cherish each day with him bc they go by too quickly.

This past month has been a huge change in Logan's personality and growth. Logan can do so many more things these days! He sits up all by himself (no assistance needed), gives high fives (daddy taught him that one), talks a ton, and tries real food these days. In fact, Dan thought he heard Logan say "baba" and when we were outside doing the lawn this past weekend he said "da" and we flipped out! We've been also hearing him say "ma" a few times, so Dan was so excited to hear he was still in the race. I feel like he will be saying his first word pretty soon. I am sure it will be dada, since its easier to say than mama. He also loves his daddy! ;)

Logan is also sitting in a big boy car seat! No more snug ride car seat for this guy! I researched like crazy to find the safest and most durable car seat and after speaking with a ton of mommies, I've decided on the Britax Boulevard. Britax is just on a whole different level on safety that no other car seats could ever compare. They allow children to sit rear facing up to 40 pounds, which was a must for my choice. I also loved the Boulevard model because of it's side impact wings, to protect against a side impact crash. Logan seems to love it too! I also got it in the Zebra pattern and love the design!

As for food, Logan is trying everything these days. When we went to Japan Inn the other day, I let him try some of my miso soup. He loved the tofu! Then, the next day when we went to Arby's he ate part of my turkey sandwich with me. This boy sure loves to eat and I'm so happy to share my food with him. Speaking of food, Logan also tried his first cupcake last night to celebrate his "half a year" birthday. He was so confused at first when we gave it to him because he has only been self feeding himself with organic baby puffs and yogurt melts. So, when he saw that big cupcake in front of him, he looked at me like "is this okay to eat, mommy?" and then went straight into it for the attack. He even laughed the first time he put his fingers through it. It was too adorable! He sure had fun and made a big mess out of it, but hey that was inevitable, right? LOL

As for his next milestone coming up, it's CRAWLING!!! I'm terrified of this because I've heard that once they become mobile, life is never the same and I just love my little baby. However, I'm so excited to see him grow up. He is going to be crawling any day now! He already army crawls but when he has his tummy up in the air, he just seems to rock back and forth and tries so hard to move but hasn't figured it out yet. So for now, I'm making sure the house is baby proof for when the time comes. Dan and I even set up a downstair's and upstair's play area for safe baby play. He loves it! Playtime is so much more fun now that he can sit up by himself. He is such a curious little boy and loves getting into everything! He is still super happy and loves everybody. I am noticing him getting a little bit of stranger anxiety at times but I heard at 6 months that can start.

February has so many fun and exciting things in stored for us! Logan will be taking his first road trip. We were first thinking about traveling to Atlanta, to visit Dan's and my old school, but then thought a 10 hour drive would not be good for Logan's first car trip! Especially, since he hasn't been very fond of the car these days! So instead, Dan and I decided on Orlando as a "trial" road trip next week to get him used to it before we take him on such a long drive.

We will also be celebrating Logan's first Valentine's day. Dan is going to have to get used to me having 2 valentines now because this little boy has totally stolen my heart. He is just the cutest and sweetest little boy I've ever met and my love for him gets stronger with each passing day! Sorry for all the mush but he brings out the mushiest side of me these days. Motherhood is simply the best!!!

Here are some cute pics of Logan turning 6 months old and having his "half a year" cupcake smash. Oh and I also posted some other random pics from this past month. Including Logan's new play areas and car seat. :)




























No comments:

Post a Comment