Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sunkissed Vox Box Reviews

 
I received my second vox box from Influenster last month and was so excited to start testing out the products they sent me! I received 4 items to try- Olay Fresh Effects Tinting Moisturizer, Sinful Shine with Gel Tech nail polish in color Blue Suede Shoes, Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics, and Dr. Sholl's for Her High Heels. Here are my 4 personal reviews on these products.

1. Olay Fresh Effects- This product is not a foundation but is a tinted moisturizer with spf 15 built into it. I believe this was made for outings outside, like short trips to the beach or the park- where you don't want to have make up on but want to look "more put together". I have to say it works AWESOME! If you personally know me, you know I HATE face make up and can barely stand wearing powder, let alone any kind of liquid foundation. Well this stuff literally rubs in like moisturizer, where you don't have to worry about blending in perfectly. I just made sure to dab a little on each of the 5 sections of my face (forehead, right/left cheek, nose, and chin) and rubbed it in like I would have with moisturizer and voila- it made me look like I had perfect skin! I was going out for my best friend's bachelorette weekend, so I also added a little blush and eye make up to make myself look right for the gathering. Overall, I am very impressed with this product and will definitely be buying it in the future. It is also great for us stay at home moms, who don't have much time to "get ourselves together in the morning".
 
Here were my results: 

 
 

2. Sinful Shine Nail Polish- I received this nail polish in the color "Blue Suede Shoes". I honestly never wear blue nail polish, so I was a little skepticle to give it a try. I usually stick to more pinks and red shades on my nails. However, I actually was very impressed with the shade of blue! It appeared to be a more greyish blue, once painted and dried on my nails. It also has gel-tech, so it went on nice and smoothly but dried thick, as if I painted a few coats on my nails. I was also very happy with my results with this nail polish. They lasted for about 5 days before they started to chip. That's not too bad considering I do dishes/baby bottles to what feels like every 2 minutes in my house lol.  I just found out that they sell this brand at my local Walgreens, so I am super excited to see what other shades they have!
                                                                                  Here were my results:



3. Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics- I received these in 5 colors as shown below- Purple, silver, charcoal, black, and pink. My first impression was that they were a super cute idea, especially for a beach day! I opened them up and noticed they didn't come with any instructions on how to use or style your hair with them. Obviously, with normal scrunchies you don't need instructions but these are designed like a stretching ribbon that has a little knot on the end. I assumed there had to be some sort of maneuvering to get it to work like the little picture on the tag showed. I tried styling my hair with them for about 10 minutes. My overall experience- I was sort of confused on how to wear these in my hair. I have long and thick hair, so the only style that I manage to have look some what presentably on me was a side pony (kind of like the picture on the label). However, I just tied it twice like a scrunchie, so it didn't look as nice. I kind of feel these would work better for shorter thin hair. 
 

 
4. Dr Scholl's for Her High Heels- I actually got these at the perfect time! A night out on the town with tons of dancing with my friends for one of my best friend's bachelorette parties. I figured I could wear my super high heels and not have any pain. They were super easy to apply, just peel the sticker off and stick them onto your inner heels. They are labels left and right, to ensure you don't fool proof yourself and stick them on the wrong shoe. I put them on and it didn't feel too different. I walked normally in them as if I didn't have anything inside. They worked pretty well but only until we got to the lounge where we were dancing. We had dinner prior, so they do work good for basic nights out with dining. I think when you are dancing in heels for a long time, it is almost impossible not to feel any discomfort. Overall, this works good for short outings out in heels.                                       
 
****I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes and did not receive any compensation for my review. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment