Wednesday, April 3, 2013

8 Months Old


Wow, here we are at 8 months old already! I'm seriously amazed that we are just 4 months away of celebrating Logan's first birthday!!! It's seriously crazy to think he has been out of my belly for that long! I am starting to plan, plan, plan like crazy for it, so it's not overwhelming the closer it gets. I am also trying to be creative and make lots of the decor. I am actually pretty proud of myself because I even started selling my items on Etsy and Ebay. That makes me feel so good to know people like my stuff enough to purchase it. How cool is that?!?!

So this month has been a blast with how fun Logan has been getting! We went to a bunch of places for his first time, like the zoo and the beach (there are pics of it in "Our Adventures" page). He is also crawling like crazy now and it's hard to keep up with at times, I can't even imagine how its going to be when he is walking! Oh which I think is going to happen SOON bc he is pulling up on EVERYTHING! Chairs, couches, walls, his crib/playpen....you name it and he figures a way to stand up! He is so clever! It makes me feel like such a proud mommy to watch him learn and figure out the world. Don't get me wrong, I am also scared out of my mind that he will hurt himself, but I am trying to allow him to explore himself but still be there to catch him if he falls. My heart has just been skipping beats like crazy these days. Dan keeps telling me to clap when something happens so he doesn't cry but it's hard.  He looks at my face right away to see how he should react...which is so hard for me to smile at first bc I get so nervous! I'm trying hard though to stay strong.

Logan also started eating dinner with us in his big boy high chair. It's so much fun to give him a plate full of whatever we are eating and see what he thinks. For example, last night he tried spaghetti and meatballs (he was unsure of the texture of the noodles at first lol). Oh and the night before that he had Gardein Chik-n Tenders, broccoli and cheese, and a honey layered biscuit. He sure loved that meal! Oh and what a mess it brings. Good thing bath time is right afterwards!

Oh and talking! He is a blabber mouth like his mommy. He has full baby conversations and gets very passionate about them. He has even mumbled baba, dada, and mama. Now I'm anxiously awaiting for him to say it with actually meaning bc it usually just flows out when he gets upset about something.

I'm really enjoying this age! He is really a blast to be around! The only negative now is napping. Now that he has figured out how to stand he takes longer to fall asleep and gets upset. He also found the video monitor and likes to knock it down. It's kind of creepy seeing his face get right next to the camera and then knock it down, almost like he knows we are watching him lol.

As for his stats, we didn't go to the dr's this month but I know he is over 20 lbs for sure! He is wearing size 6-9 months and is fitting in size 4 diapers still. Oh and he has 4 teeth ( 2 top and 2 bottom) with more coming!!!

Here are some pics of our "big" little man getting into EVERYTHING this morning! ;)






















Spaghetti night ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment