Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Healthier Way of Living

 
For those of you who know me personally, you know I used to be a healthy eater before I got pregnant. Then I suffered a miscarriage and the doctor told me to put on a few more pounds to  higher my chances of conceiving and having a healthier pregnancy. Well, I wanted to get pregnant as soon as possible, so I started eating a lot more, still healthy though. Then I conceived Logan and Hyperemisis decided to show its ugly face around 6 weeks. That was when I had no control on what I could eat any longer. Who would of thought that I would crave healthy food but couldn't keep it down?!?! I remember eating a bunch of fruit and apple juice in my first trimester and learning quickly that it wouldn't stay down. However, greasy foods like Burger King's croissan'wiches would stay down just fine. So my healthy ways of eating, kind of took the back turn. I was never like Jessica Simpson and wanted fried everything but I did eat things like burgers, steak, bacon, and chicken wings. Things that I never touched prior to getting pregnant. So once I had Logan and Hyperemisis was gone and I had my normal appetite back, you would think I would get right back to eating healthy, right? Wrong! I learned fast that when you have a new baby you eat what is convenient. Which were Oreos, cereal bars, chips, nuts, and other easy access foods. Well nuts may not be too bad but the others aren't good for an everyday go to breakfast or snack. So now that Logan is 8 months and I make him healthy homemade meals, I need to practice what I preach and eat the same way.

So starting yesterday, I went to Sam's Club and bought ton of fruits, veggies, fish, and chicken. I am really going to try and get back on the bandwagon and have Dan do the same. We have spoken about getting healthier for the past few months but haven't really got into it. Of course, I believe in having sweets still (I have a huge sweet tooth) but am eating them in moderation. So cheers to a healthier lifestyle and hoping to return back to my "old Hayley eating ways". ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment